Friday, March 16, 2012

Introducing Polyvore.com

Hey everyone,

I ran across this website about one or two months ago, and I instantly new it was a website for me. It has to do with fashion..... can you blame me??? The name of the website is http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/app. This website is amazingly helpful, and it is incredibly fun to play around on when you are bored. You can plan your outfit for that day and the days to come. Now, let me explain.

When you click on the link you will see a large square on the left, which is where you will drag your clothing items, as indicated. On the right side of the square you can choose which kind of clothing material you would like to incorporate into your outfit. When you click on the item you want, it will tell you where you can purchase the garment and how much it costs. Some of the items can be purchased online, in a store, or only in a certain country.

Say there was a certain pair of shoes you wanted to incorporate into your outfit, such as these floral wood platforms from Wetseal for $35.00 - super cute if I do say so myself! You can choose a certain color from
the drop down box at the top left, such as a certain shade of pink, and choose the rest of the outfit around these gorgeous shoes. The outfit can  include a pair of pants and a shirt, a skirt and a shirt, a dress, and you can even add jewelry and fun items such as nail polishes and makeup. It is that easy and entertaining. Also if you are in the mood to, you can choose a picture of your fave, stylish celeb and recreate their outfit. The possibilities are endless!

After you are finished you can save your fabulous creation(s) to your very own account, where other people can browse, "like", and even comment on them. I am obsessed with this website and cannot wait to view all of your creations.

If you check out the website, then let me know by leaving me a comment below and let me know your name on the website so I can check out your creations. Also if you want to check out how I have set up my outfits, then you can view them by my username, which is e6b6m6 (my initials).

Toodles,
Emilee